Our application process is designed to learn as much as possible about your child’s academic potential, as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Please feel free to "Explore" our school through the application link below and we will be happy to notify you if space becomes available to apply. We sincerely appreciate your interest in The Schenck School and hope that you will consider submitting an application next fall for the 2021-22 school year.If you are interested in learning more about dyslexia, tutoring, and summer learning options, please contact The Schenck School's partner organization, "The Dyslexia Resource."
The Admissions Process
You will begin by creating an account in Ravenna. Please use your primary email address that will be accessible throughout the admissions season. If you currently have a Ravenna account, please ensure all of your contact information is up to date.
After creating your profile, select The Schenck School from the school directory and click "Apply"
Complete the Application for Admission and submit this along with the $85 application fee
- Provide forms to your child's current school:
- The Teacher Evaluation and Administrator Evaluation forms will be delegated electronically through Ravenna to the appropriate individual's email address
- The Transcript Release Form will need to be printed, signed, and provided to the correct individual at your child's current school
- Upload and delegate additional materials:
- Psychoeducational Evaluation (completed within two years of the application date)
- Family Photo (optional)
- Unassisted Writing Sample (Second through Fifth grade applicants only)
- Parent Assessment of Student Skills (Kindergarten applicants only- Parents will complete this form on-line)
- Tutor Evaluation Form (If applicable- Delegate electronically through Ravenna)
- Occupational Therapy Evaluation (If applicable)
- Speech-Language Therapy Evaluation (If applicable)
The Admissions Committee will review the completed application. If our program appears to be the right fit for your child, we will reach out with steps to schedule a screening. If we are not the right program for your child, you will receive communication explaining the reasons why and recommendations for next steps.
During the screening process your child will meet with two members of our team to complete age appropriate standardized and diagnostic testing which focuses on reading, writing, and spelling. This evaluation will take approximately one hour to complete and a parent meeting is included to discuss your child's learning profile. A fee of $155 will be charged for this screening (payable by credit card). A letter indicating the results of the screening will be sent to the parents within one month of the evaluation.
Notification of the Admissions Committee’s decision is made on an individual basis and upon availability for the following school year. Decisions are made throughout the year, with final decisions made by mid-April.
The Schenck School does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, color, nationality, religion, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, tuition assistance programs, or other administered programs.
The Schenck School respects your privacy and will never release your contact, check, or credit card information.