Tutoring at The Schenck School
The Schenck School Tutoring Program utilizes the same research based components as The Schenck School Reading Model. Our tutors are trained in the diagnostic, prescriptive, direct and multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham Approach to help with phonemic awareness, encoding and decoding.
- Sessions are 50-60 minutes in length, generally twice a week and will be conducted online or in-person.
- Scheduled sessions are agreed upon at the beginning of the semester for each tutor and family. Tutoring sessions can be started after a semester has started.
- Session Rate: Sessions are $100 + a 3.75% processing/administrative fee.
- Tutoring sessions must be canceled with at least 24-hour notice in order not to be charged.
- There is a $25 non-refundable application fee.
- We make every effort to pair you with a tutor. However, if this isn't possible, will provide you with our outside tutor referral list if after two weeks you have not been matched with one of our tutors.
Please note that we do not have math tutors at the time.