The Schenck School Tutoring Program utilizes the same research based components as The Schenck School Reading Model. Our tutors are trained in the diagnostic, prescriptive, direct and multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham Approach to help with phonemic awareness, encoding and decoding.
Other areas of contextual reading can also be addressed in the session to assure reading success for your child. Students experience a high degree of success and confidence with each lesson. Self-esteem develops from success, and learning becomes a positive experience for students.
- Sessions are 45-60 minutes in length, twice a week and will be conducted online this summer.
- When registering for tutoring, please know that you are committing to a semester of sessions. Scheduled sessions are agreed upon at the beginning of the semester for each tutor and family.
- Sessions are $100 + 3.75% processing/administrative fees.
- There is a $25 non-refundable application fee.
- Tutoring sessions must be canceled with at least 24-hour notice in order not to be charged.
- We will provide you our outside tutor referral list if after two weeks you have not been matched with one of our tutors.
- Summer semester: June - August.
At this time, due to Covid-19, we are offering online tutoring only. As soon as in person tutoring is available, we will update this page.